The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hoofing at the Maj

We were treated to a night at Melbourne's historic Hotel Windsor when Actor's Equity flew Sheldy down to speak and perform at the Life Achievement Award for musical theatre legend Jill Perryman and her dancer husband Kevan Johnston. TT was already in town so we were both able to enjoy a bit of elegance.
The hotel is proud of its famous guest list
Now they will be even prouder.
We were on the stage of Her Majesty's Theatre, my favourite theatre in the world, probably because I saw all the great musicals and performers here as a young lad.
TT was resplendent in a brand new ensemble.
And, as ever, it was a joy and a privilege to share the stage with my darling friend, the gorgeous Miss Nancye Hayes. We sang and danced (with the original Fosse choreography) "I'll Never Be Jealous Again" from THE PAJAMA GAME, the show Jill and Kevan toured in with my parents when I was but a tiny babe. Only a couple of performance pics of the actual event...
 
 but TT took some great rehearsal shots.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Rohan Browne (2nd from left) and his troupe did a fabulous tap number in tribute to Kevan
 
A lovely night, an audience filled with dear friends and faces I haven't seen since I was a BABY!!!
The honorees...Kevan & Jill. Bless 'em.

1 comment:

  1. You were fantastic Tony! I was so very pleasantly surprised and then you were joined by Nancye, Bliss. It was a glorious celebration for two wonderful people. So many faces so little time. Chookas for D R S.

    ReplyDelete