The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Friday, January 10, 2014

First New York Moment of 2014


So I go to musical director Alex Rybeck's apartment to run through my songs for the Jerry Herman cabaret evening and I'm sitting on the couch next to Jerry Lanning who created the role of Older Patrick in the original cast of MAME on Broadway. And he tells the most hilarious story about being cast in the role opposite Angela Lansbury and then sings "My Best Girl" sounding exactly the way he did 48 years ago. I was crying so hard I thought I'd flood the place.
with Jerry Lanning and Peggy Herman

and Alex Rybeck

Jerry will be telling the story and singing the song at the Laurie Beechman on Jan 18th if you're in town.

1 comment:

  1. How thrilling to read this! Here it is 42 C, in Coldstream, while you are probably freezing your arse off!!! Chookas for the EVENT!!!

    ReplyDelete