The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Friday, May 18, 2018

Sydney

The Capitol Theatre in Haymarket has turned pink for our arrival!
The classical statues in the auditorium are bedecked with boas
And Bernadette is the size of a billboard!
We've been doing a ton of press in Sydney
Which sometimes means walking the chilly city streets in the full drag at the crack of dawn.
The ABC did a lovely segment on me for the 7.30 Report

This makeup is beginning to be welded to my face.

4 comments:

  1. I do miss your very original Go West frock when it looked much more like a Safari-suit and tan - one of my very favourite moments is your re-entrance in Go West in that costume and I don’t know why, but it always makes me smile. Are your older costumes (Aus, London, NYC) now in use in tours etc worldwide or destroyed or just don’t fit..? I’m assuming not the latter as you look no different to how you looked 10 yrs back! I hope one day to see a trans* actress in the role in one of the replica productions - has happened in one of the others I believe - and also hope it is revived as often as Hello Dolly over the next 20 years!
    R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe this will be the last replica production. All my old outfits went into other productions so they've probably all fallen apart by now!

      Delete
    2. Well, even if it is the last, it has had a good innings and done wonders in a number of countries to make a statement simply by running there. It is a beautiful story - more so than the movie I think - of acceptance and love and it is pretty timeless. Let’s hope they do a 25th anniversary run! Shame it has never been filmed (officially) as in particular the very original Aussie production was one I would love to have seen. LND and various others have been recorded but i doubt many break even, sadly, or make enough money for the beancounters to want.
      R

      Delete
  2. I am searching this kind of information from a long time and finally got it.Thank You..
    Home Automation Products in Bangalore | Auditoriums in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete