The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Friday, January 27, 2012

Lamingtons on Broadway

Look what's opened up the road from the theatre! This is fatal for my waistline. This Aussie chain store is already doing a roaring trade and it only opened yesterday. But how can it fail? 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, on 53rd & Broadway, next to where the crowds line up to see Letterman and opposite where SISTER ACT is playing.
I sampled a meat pie and a flat white on my way to work and was amused to hear more than one concerned lady ask if there were low calorie options on the menu. It's a PIE shop, for God's sake.
I must say the lamingtons are pretty terrific and twice the size of the human mouth. I'm trying to set up some sort of cross promotion with PRISCILLA as our first anniversary is coming up. I hope their marketing manager answers my emails.

1 comment:

  1. When I see a Pie Face shop I walk quickly by, but it must be great to have one in NYC Sheldy!

    ReplyDelete