The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Monday, January 9, 2012

Tom Hewitt

Another fortuitous contact made. I first noticed Mr. Hewitt when I was in THE SISTERS ROSENSWEIG playing the role he originated on Broadway. Then he was in the original cast of Paul Rudnick's JEFFREY in which I was also cast in Australia (that production, which was also to star Mark Lee, Graham Harvey, Jamie Oxenbould and Robyn Arthur, never eventuated). Over the next twenty years I kept an eye on Tom Hewitt's career as he starred in THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW, THE LION KING, CHICAGO, DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS, and ART amongst others and tonight, glory be, he came to see PRISCILLA with his partner Ed Staudenmayer and asked to meet me! So now we have pledged to keep in touch before he returns to Broadway later this season as Pilate in the revival of SUPERSTAR. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment