The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Sunday, March 17, 2013

A fond farewell

(tt)  This little creature has been part of my life for a long time. Her name was Leonie. Many knew her. Some feared her. But she was quite armless. I remember leaving her on my Auntie Jo's porch, knocking on the door and running away. For a shocked moment she considered calling the RSPCC.
I found her in the late seventies in a junk shop in Brunswick and she was in very good nick then. She was made to model childrens' clothes and I have a book on mannequins which sees her made in Germany in the early part of the 20th century. But constant  moving and the odd mad night has seen her her take a lot of knocks and it was time for her to go to the Great Department Store in the sky. So we dragged her out of her ignominious hiding pace under the shed and gave her a very moving farewell. I will not elaborate more because Mr Scale is in post production of a short film which tracks her demise. This will be seen very soon on this blog.
She looks a bit like Twiggy in 'The Boy Friend'

No comments:

Post a Comment