The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Tuesday, October 7, 2014

View From The Top

A chance meeting with a musical director at a birthday party led to an invitation to sing the following evening at a musical "salon" on the Upper East Side. So there I was on Sunday night, shivering on the terrace of a penthouse "triplex" (three apartments converted into one), nervously clutching my sheet music and drinking in the surrounding rooftop gardens and terraces.
For the record, my song went over well and I met some charming and talented "up-and-comers" who also sang for their supper. Well...their mineral water.
I think that might be the back of the Carlyle Hotel. Whatever it is, that's a chandelier glowing in that window.

No comments:

Post a Comment