The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Sunday, November 5, 2017

D.C. Day 2

The chief reason I came to D.C. was to see the Arena Stage production of THE PAJAMA GAME, a very important show in our family.

Mum and dad were in the original Australian cast of the show (the first post-war All-Australian cast of a major musical) so my baby years were filled with that wonderful score. The Arena Stage production is great fun and features some fantastic performers I've had the great good fortune to work with: Nancy Anderson as Gladys, Eddie Korbich as Hines and the legendary Donna Mckechnie as Mabel.
And Tim Rogan as Sid & Britney Coleman as Babe are pretty easy on the eye.

Returning to the Wharf in the evening I was surprised to find it teeming with sightseers and every restaurant packed. It was vibrant and exciting which bodes well for its future.

And at the far end...seafood seafood seafood!!!!
The next day I headed for the train back to New York and was gobsmacked by the grandeur of Union Station
Really gorgeous. I had a lovely time and want to return one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment