The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Sunday, November 5, 2017

Washington D.C.

A quick trip to Washington to see a couple of shows. I'd been there before to do CAMELOT at the Kennedy Centre but we were staying in the beautiful Georgetown area and only traveling back and forth from the theatre.
This time I was right near the Capitol Building and environs.
My journey to my hotel took me past the Museum of the American Indian
and the lovely Botanical Gardens
I walked past the Frances Perkins building which gave me a kick as Mum played Frances Perkins as one of her many characters in ANNIE in San Francisco and Los Angeles back in 1978. Indeed she sang "Tomorrow" as Perkins in the Cabinet scene!
My hotel was near the newly refurbished Wharf which has only been open to the public for a bit longer than a week.
Hotels and restaurants are still under construction but it has a nice vibe already.

The first show I saw was the musical version of Tina Fey's hit movie MEAN GIRLS
It's very funny with terrific performances and sensational choreography and direction by Casey Nicholaw (BOOK OF MORMON). Perhaps ten minutes too long at the moment but I'm sure it will be a streamlined smash when it arrives on Broadway next year.
After the show I passed the legendary Ford's Theatre where Lincoln was assassinated.
Of course, they have a gift shop!
The next day I took myself off on an excursion to an historic area called Shaw,


Beautiful houses!!!
I love the bathtub planter


The cafes are cute, too!
A smart little performance space
and street art

Duke Ellington also lived and worked here in his youth
I accidentally took a selfie with Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment