The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Birdland

Had a lovely reunion with my Broadway PRISCILLA boys Nick Adams and Will Swenson when Nick hosted a benefit at Birdland (my debut at that legendary jazz spot!) called BROADWAY FOR AFRICA. We closed the show with "We Belong", the first time we'd sung together in almost four years.

It was a splendid group including Julia Murney, Alison Luff and The Skivvies.

Lots of PRISCILLA fans in the audience so there were a few sentimental tears.

And for my solo spot I got to introduce the brilliant Aussie composer Matty Robinson's song "Madness in the Air". U.S. premiere!!


2 comments:

  1. Tony, I will be in NY on the 28th May for 6 days. Would love to see you. Staying at The Wellington Hotel and travelling with Elspeth Ballantyne. Would love it if you were performing somewhere. Love Lois

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Lois, I'll be doing GREASEPAINT in Connecticut until the end of June so sadly I'll miss you. But have the BEST time!!

      Delete