The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Thursday, December 1, 2011

A lost lane

(tt) Now the site of the driveway to the Westin Hotel this Chanel shop was James Hilliers exclusive chocolates.
This was a lovely little alley running to Flinders Lane filled with frock, book and antique shops. Tim the Toyman was here too.





The Plaza was a fantastically decorated cinema which played host to Cinerama for a while. It was said thet the carpets got worn out by would be racing drivers when they screened "Grand Prix".   I saw Cinerama Adventures and got sick.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it Cinerama Holiday? Where they rode the Big Dipper? Everyone told me I'd get sick, but I thought it was a bit disappointing when I discovered it was just a movie after all. Albeit a movie with seams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am doing research and writing on the Regent and Plaza theatres and the shops along Regent Place – specifically Hillier's Chocolates (what did the inside look like), TIm the toy man, Gabby's Coffee Shop and Quist's Coffee. I am also interested in 'The Man outside Hoyts”, Charles Fredricksen.

    I am well versed with the historical aspects, but I am collecting people's recollections from a social perspective. Any personal reminiscences you care to write/share would be appreciated.

    -Anhony.
    ajc is here (at) yahoo . com

    ReplyDelete