The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Thursday, December 1, 2011

port melbourne

(tt) Look  I have my own transport line


Sheldon and I were last down here before we left for London, But I have been here before. 52 years ago in fact.



My family walked through these gates on Christmas Eve 1959 after a six week sea voyage on the S.S. Fairsea... the Sitmar line that brought us all the way from Southampton to start a new life. I remember a burly stevedore on the wharf who provided my first words from a native Australian, "Get out the way, yer little Pommy bastard" !!!

When last Sheldon and I were here this was a posh cafe for pooches and their owners. No more. All locked up. Another trendy floperoo.





The Port Melbourne terminus for the light rail.

No comments:

Post a Comment