The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Jacksonville, Fla

My first visit to Florida!
Yes, the chill of New York has driven me to warmer climes although I'm really here to see a couple of mates in a show. But it's a surprise so if you know of whom I speak, please do not tip them off.

Of course, I would have preferred Fort Lauderdale or Miami or Disney World at Orlando but I have three days to discover what Jacksonville has to offer. I know there is a theatre museum here so that will probably be my first port of call.
I booked my hotel on the Southbank of downtown Jacksonville thinking I would be in the hub of things but I seem to be stuck in the middle of a series of freeways so it will be fun to discover how to actually leave the building.
Obviously the diet is going to hell. I tried my first Key Lime Pie in the hotel restaurant which was a religious experience.
And when I turned on the tv there was a young woman in a tank top clutching a rifle and saying "Sure as shootin', you'll find all the guns you'll need this weekend at the Jacksonville Fairgounds!".
Guess I'm in the South!

No comments:

Post a Comment