The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Saturday, December 18, 2010

Casa Loma

There is a magnificent house on the Spadina Hill which looks down on the city and Lake Ontario. It was owned by a magnate whose fortune was lost in a financial crisis early last century. It had a spell as a hotel in the twenties and thirties and was THE social centre of Toronto nightlife.  Two childrens shows and a Santa Cave were features today so I was sidestepping rugrats .




It's just a hall!

Camp's camp anywhere





The master bedroom ....



...has its own study with a wyvern lamp that has finally returned after being lost for years. A wyvern is a two legged dragon

The fabulous master bathroom


Mrs Magnate's suite






The dining room off the Conservatory

The Conservatory!






And so to the end




We all have the right to a house like this.  So I have opened a special savings account. The money box the bank gave me is really sweet.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got to Casa Loma TT. Incredible photos once again. Looking at your photos is like being in the mansion itself. And your 'stick your head through/Norma Shearer' pic is an absolute classic! Next years Christmas card methinks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed Jodie I never got inside this place as it was closed when I was there so now feel I didnt miss anything ... would have loved to have stood in that conservatory tho .... gorgeous!

    Tony, I love the first shot from outside with the ice !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks my darlings. Soon the photos will be of another exciting city. I mean a real real exciting city!! And your encouragements re the photos are very much appreciated! xxx

    ReplyDelete