The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gloves Off Fingers Off

Went for a walk along the lake front and was totally unaware that I was starting to freeze. But the light was lovely and there were hardly any people about


That's the  Toronto Islands. Only the stalwart renters there now.




The odd bunker type thing over there turnes out to be a sculpture called Sundial Folly

This is one of a series of embedded bronze fish on the quayside. One day an archeologist will find them and draw some odd conclusions.


Here's the Sundial Folly. I know it's winter and everything should look a bit dead but the very fine piece which you can walk into has been horribly neglected and defaced.









It was just about now I realised that my fingers were about to drop off.

Rather impressive offices on Wellington.  That was the last before I had to tram it home. Brrrrr!

1 comment:

  1. Gents,

    I just caught up on the week. Loved the self made christmas tree Tony ... I thought the Rockettes were a great addition!

    I dont have a tree but if I did i would want that art deco one you visited and of course the lollie one. Delicious and colourful food are always fun to photograph and these make great photos.

    The ceramics were great and I particularly liked the cabbage ( or maybe it was lettuce?)

    Isnt it a nightmare taking pics of window displays ...its a shame because quite often they are very inventive and dont you just love the details people think to put into these things!. (have you seen the title credits for "Dinner for Schumcks")

    More great shots outside particularly down on the lake. I liked the randomness of the umbrella in one of those shots and I thought the one with the ship in the foreground was wonderful. So sad about the sundial though.

    Poor kiddies playing away in such freezing weather and poor Sheldon looks MORE than a little cold in at last shot!

    Thanks guys for another interesting week.

    (Oh and Tony there are special gloves out there for photographers where ONLY the tops of the thumb and index finger detach so you DONT have to remove the whole glove... worth mentioning i thought)

    ReplyDelete