The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Factory

Dressing rooms are fascinating, ever changing places. When an actor moves in they are usually bare, cold and functional, bearing no traces of the previous occupants. (unless you are at the Athenaeum in Melbourne where I found a host of horrid deeply personal momentos on the unvaccumed carpet). Then gradually they are transformed with tat and glam  to make the white box a home.  So when Sheldon was called in today for a publicity gig I tagged along and took a few snaps of a place I very rarely visit. The posters are of Broadway musicals that he has collected and they all travel to be reused. Next stop the Palace!





This  daytime resting place for the head of the little kanga that the kids wear in the finale is outside Sheldon's room.

Sheldon catches me with the camera and orders me out into the street. How rude.

4 comments:

  1. Tony

    Another fascinating eclectic week of reading from you. I love the details you find out about things, like Molly and the Raj, that would pretty much pass most of us by ( well me anyway). I love that you grabbed some snaps of the dressing room … this is an area that really is fascinating to people not involved in the theatre. It’s reminded me of the amazing Eileen Derby backstage candid shots that I love so much … I reckon you should sneak back in when you get to the Palace and try for some non staged shots! Great shot of Sheldon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks darlz I experimentd with the ISO knob. Whether it happens again is anyone's guess! I am such a wretch xxx tt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I spy Sheldy's blue Maid of the Mist poncho hanging up in this pic? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My lord what eyes!! Yes Jodie, it is indeed. He was going to go round to all the dressing rooms with it on but the moment has passed. i expect it won't make it to New York! xx tt

    ReplyDelete