The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Monday, February 6, 2012

THE FLANEUR RETURNS

(tt)    Well I am back with a vengeance!  I slept almost all night and I think am on normal body clock. Have been feeling like I was going a bit nuts!
So today I got out the old canon and decided to see a bit of the area.
As any of you who saw the blog last year will observe we are in a distinctly different milieu. Not so exclusive as the Upper East Side but different nonetheless.
This is the immediate neighbourhood.

Looking up Broadway towards 96th

 A view down 94th to Riverside Park. The buildings in the distance are in New Jersey

The 96th St subway
 A jolly mosaic on a pizza place

Deco abounds up in this area. This lovely old cinema is up for grabs











So there is a little of what this area holds. I look forward to more forays. But the lag has returned so I will wander in and out of Turner Classic Movies until I go out for tea.

1 comment:

  1. We had a delicious meal at the Metro Diner, I still crave the Kosher pickle I had there!

    ReplyDelete