The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Friday, April 12, 2013

Magic to Do

Bought a spur of the moment ticket to PIPPIN last night. I had intended to wait until after the official opening in two weeks but the show is very dear to me...I saw the original Broadway production with the fabulous Michael Rupert in the title role, the Australian production eight times and the video until it frayed and exploded...so I couldn't wait any longer. It has some wonderful things in it and some less successful, but the undoubted high point is Andrea Martin's scene and song which reduced me to a sobbing wreck even as the audience was cheering until the roof threatened to fall in. I went backstage to visit Terrence Mann (a marvellous King Charles) and was thrilled to run into Andrea, who did nothing but apologise for not seeing ART & SCIENCE!!! What a gal! But the happy bonus was finding my long lost friend Jack Donahue also in the audience. I'd given up all hope of ever seeing him again after not hearing from him in six months but he's a busy boy and revealed that he's actually packing up and leaving NYC to live in Martha's Vineyard so I had to be stoic and bid him farewell. But not before he, Ms. martin and I got a happy snap!

No comments:

Post a Comment