The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring!

A stunning day in New York. Blossoms in Central Park
and the West Village
The window at the Museum of Natural History was calling me
It was an edible garden display
I'm a sucker for colored lights. Bet it looks gorgeous at night.
My destination was East 77th St. The Carlyle has lost another icon now that Elaine Stritch has moved away this week.
Either one of these would do nicely, thank you.
I'd even settle for the one next door.
Lady M is a smart tea room for LADIES so I didn't dare cross the threshold.
Even though the cakes looked equal opportunity
Next door is Cynthia Rowley
A frock shop with a Grimm's fairy tale entrance.
My business completed I boarded the subway to the Village where I saw Michael Urie in BUYER & CELLAR, a very funny one-man show based on a fictional relationship between Barbra Streisand and the young man hired to work in the faux shopping mall under her house where she stores all her artifacts (the shopping mall is true; the idea that someone actually works in it is the conceit of the play and it is both hilarious and touching). Anyway, this is what was staring me in the face on the downtown subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment