The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Monday, October 25, 2010

books on tour

Am currently reading this book. If you have ever wondered what really goes on backstage while you are waiting for your spag bol then this is  for you.  Smell the grease and halibut scales. Walk through guts and rind and fat. Dodge  the flicks of cigar ash going into a duck pate....even the splashes of blood and strips of skin that fly through the air as drunken sous chefs roll on the floor belting each other with meat tenderisers.

I (tt) was eating breakfast in a little diner yesterday and I looked up to see the lone cook dressed almost exactly like the cover shot above. I'm coming to the end of the book and of course will pass it on. But to whom? I had a pathetic fantasy of walking up to said bandana head and proffering the tome as he flipped pancakes. I rehearsed saying, "Do you read? You might like this"  And then the dream was ended by my being crowned with a frying pan. I might accidentally leave it on a seat when I visit  next. Someone in there might love it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you, you, you...
    Where is Action Man?
    What have you done with him?
    I'm sick with worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it seems their disappearnace is linked to a special event this very evening. Other than that I am as much in the dark as you xx tt

    ReplyDelete