The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Monday, January 10, 2011

Angel Cop

Today Sheldon took us to the 92nd St Y for an extraordinary concert which he will describe in detail. We went to this coffee shop on 91st and Lexington just before the gig. Sheldon was ordering and I had seated myself and I was rummaging through my new bag (which I now hate and have to replace cos it is too big and heavy but that's another story) Anyway I had neglected to close the zip and my money wallet,  which I also hate because it doesn't suit American bills but that's another story, was poking out for all the world to see. Well next thing there's a " Hey,Buddy!" and a very striking older gentleman is flashing a silver badge and giving me a lecture on how dangerous it is to let New Yorkers see your cash, Turns out he is a retired policeman and is a "Police Uniforms of the World" collector..like cop helmets from Helsinki and gendarme headgear from Paris and he was a delight.  He told us how he had nearly broken his leg in a foot chase and how cop shows are all bullshit.  He gave us his card and his name is Robert Brutsche and it was a pleasure to meet him. That's what New Yorkers are like. Ready to tell their life stories in ten minutes.

1 comment:

  1. So cool...Yeah we are all storytellers here--and God knows so many of 'em!

    ReplyDelete