The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Down Third Up Mulberry

(tt here) Sheldon was called for arvo rehearsals and all I was going to do was drop the laundry in but my feet kept going. So here are a few sights I seen on the way downtown and back
This publishing house on 4th was illuminated by the reflections from a glass tower next door

A closed shop door becomes an ever changing collage

Love this new but 30's block on 3rd


The decoration on this building was
these

The New Museum by day



The flower by Isa Genzken is 4 stories tall


I think 3rd has now become The Bowery

This coffee bar was so serious about its wares there was NO hot milk and only plunger brew.But the guys were lovely and it felt like a bar with no booze.

This old bank is now a venue

Hester St, once exclusively Jewish is now part of Chinatown

The entrance to the Manhattan Bridge

And a very touching memorial to a fallen cyclist

Pells St could be old Shanghai


Corner of Mott and Mosco

Corner of  Mosco and Mulberry

Columbus Park

 was full of Chinese men playing and I think betting on board games

The pagoda-like shelter was deserted



I was so taken by the verdigris on this utilities buiding I didn't see the figure on the pavement.

 But his liquor filled cries located him and I invaded his privacy but he really wouldn't have known
What bell?



In one block we are in Italian Mulberry


Prince St

Tonight on tele there was a program about street games of Old New York!

Here is where all those kids hit the rubber ball with mop and broom sticks purloined from home

 This gate led into the churchyard

Boring old ads become individual renderings


At this point I realised I was about to faint from hunger and the Universe led me to


Hope you liked me day as much as I did  xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant day !!! lots of love, Tom xxx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another airport another look at your photos ( well it's the same airport off to see apologia and Xanadu ... What a combo!) Anyway as always just love being a faraway passenger on your little jaunts around NYC. There really is no other feeling like walking the streets and taking it all in so I really loved this day where you just kept walking. Love your close up detail of things like the Shop door, the building that was covered in the new york signs, the bags on pells st, the ads that had been drawn on and the old christmas decorations. You really do notice fantastic details!! I'm obsessed with clocks so the building with the clock on it was a fav. Your night shots of Brooklyn bridge were all fantastic so much like the beginning of the movie " someone up there likes me".  What a  Great vantage point ... I'll have to seek that one out when I get back there. Anyway as usual great work Tony and keep exploring as unless you live there there's no way us tourists will ever get to see NYC as you can. xxxx

    ReplyDelete