The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Friday, March 18, 2011

The TODAY SHOW

After almost four weeks of chronic bronchitis I could feel the symptoms beginning all over again so after Wednesday's matinee I hopped the subway in full Bernadette make-up to visit an ENT doctor on Central Park West. He filled me with strong antibiotics and steroids and now I could probably bench press Nick Adams. This morning the alarm went off at 3.15 a.m. so I could shower and shave in preparation for the 4.30 pick up to NBC studios at Rockerfeller Center where we performed "I Will Survive" and "We Belong" in the chilly morning air. It's very odd rehearsing in the dark and cold but both Will and I felt a frisson singing "We belong to the light, etc...." surrounded by skyscrapers as night slowly turned to dawn.


Although the two songs were screened half an hour apart, we actually had EIGHT MINUTES to completely change costume and full glitter make-up which was truly hair-raising. Poor Will could barely see for the oil in his eyes.


Also chatted briefly with Ms. Midler briefly backstage and had the enormous pleasure of hearing her utter my name on camera. Twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment