The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Monday, September 10, 2012

A Saturday in the Mountains

(tt)  Alison took me and an interloper up to Mount Victoria..one of the oldest tourist spots in the country.  I had looked up there for the treasured dwelling but it was too far, too inserviced re shopping and way way too dear.
We started at the end of my street which is where the tourists come to see The Three Sisters.
Here I am surveying the scene.
And here is the interloper muscling in and stealing my thunder. He was on his way to meet a new friend. That's gratitude for yer.
One of the Sisters about to swallow a tribe of tourists
Has he no shame. Being picked up by this hunk

Here is the pushy little man again outside the currently shuttered Hydro Majestic Hotel at Medlow Bath. It says it is due to re-open this year. We'll see
Detail on the early 20th century wing

This belvederey bit is a later add on

Here is the wonderful Victoria and Albert Guest House





Enough said





This was the Imp in the winter of 1905. The photo sat on a shelf in the dining room
Alison took this form almost exactly the same position in the spring of 2012


This is the local bughouse. They were showing a French film and the show was just about to start.



 A thirties shop


The rear of the Imperial

A gallery at Blackheath. The place was a work of art in itself. I think.




This was our last stop. A whimsical (think twee and crap filled) tea house in Leura..the Vaucluse of the Mountains. I said to Alison before we went in "I bet a bell goes tingaling a ling " when we open the door" Guess what.






The bow tied prop. would go mad dusting these artifacts. Actually I bet he loves it.


Still I did buy a milk jug and a tea cosy. Have started brewing pots so Robert Alexander will not scoff at me anymore. Still like Dilmar but!
What sadness
 And the interloper? He ran off with someone else



No comments:

Post a Comment