The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Sunday, September 9, 2012

Social Sunday

Sunday in New York began with breakfast at Pain Quotidian with Jeremy Powell with whom I appeared in WITCHES OF EASTWICK and THE PRODUCERS. He has given performing the flick and is now domiciled in London where he is the musical director at a prominent Music Theatre School. He departed after our brekky in search of tickets for tonight's performance of  the cheerleading musical BRING IT ON which he thought might give him a bit of cool cred with his students. I segued straight into brunch with Jack Donahue and his partner Rich Carson who was down from Boston (where he now works) for the weekend. They took me to the charming Mermaid Inn on Amsterdam & 88th and brought Jeff Macauley so I was able to gush about his wonderful cabaret act at Don't Tell Mama last Wednesday night. (By the way I've now uploaded the YouTube of that very performance onto my previous blog entry so you can see the entire act for yourselves as I saw it).
Then I walked across Central Park in the glorious weather to the Third Avenue Street Fair which was much larger than the average street fair we have here almost every weekend. This one stretched for many many blocks and was pretty packed. There was also a strong theatrical presence which was unusual, probably because the annual BROADWAY ON BROADWAY concert was happening across town, but there were raffles for theatre tickets and stalls for several small theatre companies trying to drum up business.
Then it was off to the stage door of the New Amsterdam Theatre where I was meeting PRISCILLA castmate Jeff Metzler between performances of MARY POPPINS for my third meal of the day. WE sat in Bryant Park and talked our heads off. I am blessed to be surrounded by beautiful friends but keeping up with them all is making me very fat.
I also seemed to be surrounded by Naked Cowboys. I thought he was a unique NYC character but it appears that anyone can throw on a pair of Fruit of the Looms and pick up a guitar and call themselves the Naked Cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment