The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Friday, April 15, 2011

brooklyn and tremendous tremendous was tremendous

(tt) Only three subway rides away and under the river is Williamsburg where Sheldon sent me to see a wonderful play . Because I was early I had to wander a couple of blocks. It was twilight and quiet and clean and very different...especially the houses











 And this is the lovely play I saw

at

It was a sweet and sad evening charting the end of the road for a travelling theatre company which has performed a three month gig at the 1936 Worlds Fair. The cast was across the board excellent. The effect was melancholic and slightly bitter. They close tomorrow and I kept wondering if their dressing room will mirror what we saw tonight.

2 comments:

  1. We stayed just around the corner from the Kellogg's Diner in Williamsburg at Sean Hingston's place. It was so easy to get to and from the island and Sean & Brad were such great land lords! I trust that you are thinking of a book TT??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad story guys. I love Brooklyn. We found Truman Capote's house where he lived for a while there. My friend and I only discovered his abode through a guide book. There was no placard or 'Truman Lived Here' sign anywhere.

    ReplyDelete