The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Bata Shoe Museum at last

Hi Guys!  Ken here. Well it finally happened. Those bitches condescended to take me outside for the second time. (remember Niagara?)   And they are forgiven because it was to a fetish paradise.  The Bata Foot Shoe Inn!  And I got to stand beside some of the greatest works of foot ever.

Here I am on Bloor. That's the Museum behind me and at this stage I am shaking with excitement

Another one of me but the silly twat with the camera got me out of focus and out of frame. Has he learned nothing?
A bit better. These are in the window of the museum and are tributes to the North American walking experience.

Reduced to a shoulder by the idiot but he has captured the fantasy of winter tree wedded to high heel

Here I am with the Dalai Lama's old flip flops. Walk a mile in these baby


This gallery is the history of shoe from rolled up straw to "walk on my chest" serious heels

These were Chinese ceremonial clogs. Give me Uggs any day

A very ancient tradition was the art of female foot binding. This was practised on young wealthy girls so that their husbands and or lovers could roll their little tootsies into a flesh tube and do with them what you would imagine a flesh tube is for.  In between visits they would don these little numbers and totter to the shops.

One of the idiots had me pose by this picture to show how far we had come. Well baby, let me tell you, I lay no claim to be descended from this ugly. I'm from 1960's moulded plastic and I'm proud of it.

Died and gone to heaven
Look! My era!

Here I am between floors. One of the fools didn't stand me up very well and just after this I fell backwards. Humiliation is my middle name.

This was the special sock room. Glad these large Afghan knitteds were behind glass

Me atop some beaded North American Indian slippers

Talk about being given the boot

The top floor contained a gallery devoted to the shoe in and as Art
Can you spot me?


Hiding here too

These are very strange sculptures by Paul Wunderlich



If I had one my heart would have stopped by now


These are actually ceramic

Home at last and ready to soak the piggies.  See you soon   xx Ken


7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you eventually got to Bata Ken! I hope your guardians enjoyed it as much as you did. Did you need to breathe in to a small paper bag when you finally clapped eyes on Miss Monroe's footwear? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jodie Am shocked to say the two nongs did not find the famous glamour slip ons! As I was dependent on them for getting about it meant I missed out too. A very pissed off Ken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'll just have to come back to Toronto and take you and Bearnadette bear to Bata and show you Marilyn's piggie warmers myself . So don't despair Kenneth, a flight funding lottery ticket is being purchased as we speak and come Saturday when my numbers come up I shall be arranging a return journey to the land of moose and beavers and will take you back to the land of the shoes. I might even take your non plastic pals with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. TT, you do make me laugh ! I think I would have loved to have seen the other peoples faces whilst you did these shots with Ken.
    Ken, fab run down of a place i ran out of time to see... tell that owner of yours to turn the ISO up to say 800 when shooting indoors so we can see your face better. Look forward to your next adventure.
    Jodie, may you win the lottery and take Ken on endless adventures around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ally. No luck with the last couple of lottery tickets but I'll keep trying. I wouldn't want to let Ken down! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Museums of Bata creates an enhancing impression among the people. They makes us curious to get the shoes from Bata. I always get the best one from such museums.

    bata power shoes online

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the post! Purchase men's eco energy shoes online that are a complete package of style and comfort.

    ReplyDelete