The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Friday, November 19, 2010

Her Majesty's Theatre Reunion

One disadvantage of being on the other side of the world is that we were unable to attend a reunion on November 8th of all the people who have worked at the Comedy, Princess and Her Majesty's Theatres in Melbourne. Apart from missing out on seeing so many wonderful friends (I'm told that the world was there), all three theatres play a very important part in my family history. My mum and dad appeared at "The Maj" in THE PAJAMA GAME (1957) and at the Comedy in FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY (1959). Mum played at the Princess in THE TUNNEL OF LOVE (1959) and WILDCAT (1963) and was playing Nancy in OLIVER! at The Maj not long before my father died in 1966. She also played Rose in GYPSY at the Maj in 1975. I played the Maj in THE VENETIAN TWINS in 1979, the show where I first met TT, and played the Comedy in DRACULA (1978), CANDIDE (1982--again with TT) and I HATE HAMLET (1989). I did WITCHES OF EASTWICK at the Princess in 2002 and TT and I both appeared at the Princess in THE PRODUCERS in 2005. Not to mention all the magnificent memories I have of all the shows we've seen in all three theatres over the years, nearly all of them featuring artists that today I'm proud to call my colleagues and friends.
with Leigh Rowles in DRACULA

The Venetian Twins
as John Barrymore in I HATE HAMLET
with Grant Piro in THE PRODUCERS



2 comments:

  1. Ah the Producers ... special for so many reasons for me ... never was I more pleased that an understudy had to take over a role in Sydney ;)How lucky we were to see you both together in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful memories! And loving the James Bond-esque Jonathan Harker shot! x

    ReplyDelete