The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Friday, November 26, 2010

One Of a Kind Art Fair

We went to this art expo today in a huge hall. Walked and trammed in the freezing weather. Snow is expected imminently.   The event happens annually.






We must be on the taste wave length because one of our favourites was inducted into the hall of fame.

Rudy Kehkla's wire sculptures are exquisite.


My personal favourite was an artist called Katie Jung (katiejung1@gmail.com)
She commissions fantasy and dream pieces for her clients as well as small decorative pieces.
Here she is in front of her latest works and below that the little hanging I bought.



I did sneak a couple of pics before I was halted by a touchy glassblower . Ever been hissed at by a touchy glass blower?  One I did get  below is of a very clever craftswoman who turns old books and sheet music into reticules. I wonder if she read the guts before tossing them in the recycling

There were stalls flogging the usual soaps,scarves, chocolates et al. We got our Christmas pud, a Cranberry sensation which is now in the freeezer. It might not stay there til Dec 25.






 Sheldon managed to get a couple of really splendid birthday gifts..One a week in the cast on average and I got something which I cannot reveal cos Sheldon reads these posts !   xx  tt

No comments:

Post a Comment