The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mary Foster Conklin

The North Square restaurant in the Washington Square Hotel plays host to a jazz brunch on Sundays.
TT was otherwise engaged so I went to hear Mary Foster Conklin perform some of my favourite songs including "Night Song" from GOLDEN BOY, Blossom Dearie's "I'm Shadowing You" and Joni Mitchell's "Night Ride Home". She also invited her friend John De Pinto up for duets on "Something Stupid" and the Alec Wilder/Fran Landesman song "Walk Pretty".
Ms. Conklin was accompanied by the wonderful Marko Panascia on bass and one of the finest jazz guitarists I've ever heard, Nick Russo. I had to dash away after her first generous set (eleven numbers) but Ms. Conklin made my day by telling me she'd seen PRISCILLA during previews! Now I'm a fan for life!

Here is the Hotel Washington which houses the little venue


No comments:

Post a Comment