The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Monday, February 7, 2011

And then I bought....

Sheldon was adrift this morning because our internet was down so we ended up in Starbucks where he noticed a benefit for The Triangle Shirt Waist Fire disaster of 1911. We decided to check it out at the theatre close by. Now I'm pretty sure there aren't any survivors of the incident left so it remains to be seen who is going to benefit from our presence tonight. Anyway what I'm rambling about is that when we woke up this morning we had no plans at all and since then the day has been quite eventful.

Here are some grabs of life both animate and not in the area.

A film crew were set up on 9th and 2nd.  The series is Gossip Girls and though we saw none of the stars we did see where their bums go.

Some signs on 9th St





We will be going here. They have a tour of speak-easies.






Either a pub or a creche.

Here are some dummies I loved.






They all have one thing in common. Have you noticed?  Yes...... hats.

While we were heading for home Sheldon slapped a hundred dollars into my hand. "This is for food, Taylor. Our fortnightly food budget.  Milk Tea and Bagels for the next fourteen days. Now I am going back to the apartment to rest as I still haven't gotten over meeting Julianne Moore. You wander off  and see what we need in the Milk Tea and Bagel line to keep us in provisions for the next  fortnight of fourteen days. Milk Tea and Bagels, mind"
Well my brain must have snapped because I  remember resolutley keeping my eye open for the  Milk Tea and Bagel shop but was drawn like a magnet to this little boutique.

The charming assistant, Judy, must have hypnotised me into going in. After that...nothing. When I came to I was back in the apartment  wearing this

And there was no shame. 
I have not told Sheldon yet.
Oh that's him now yelling,   "Did you buy the fortnightly supply of Milk Tea and Bagels?"    "Er... .no...they were out"

Later this evening we walked back from the theatre along 9th St and found it bedecked with lights.





4 comments:

  1. Thanks J I have been forgiven and will wear it out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the new hat enjoys it's first outing! I'm sending a food parcel with milk, tea, bagels and a birthday cake for Ken :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that Mascot sign looks just like Bullseye from Oliver!!! lol
    it's a gorgeous chapeau TT, looks lovely. Perhaps you should get a tin cup for those times when the hundred dollars doesn't stretch to bagels? LOL
    Oy!

    ReplyDelete