The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back in action

This is the reason tt has been so absent from the world of blog.  I have been sitting in on rehearsals of the above which culminated in a very successful day of two readings for potential investors. Being with and learning from Miss Feldshuh has been an amazing and moving and hilarious experience. The play is a  religious, political and psychological thriller!  With any luck it will have its New York prem next year.

   Here's the poster for the reading  at the Westside Theatre which would suit "What a Shock'n'Shame", my Ripper play, to a T.




 Here is the brilliant cast taking their bow at the end of the first show
Second from left is Ally Sheedy who played the lead.

 On my way to the thartar each day I passed the Actors Studio on W 43rd.


 Was reminded of the day  in 1984 when I was invited to sit in on a scene workshop convened by Paul Newman and Lee Grant.  Talk about mumbling method.  I couldn't hear a word the students said, the scenes had all been written by previous mumblers so were laden with incomprehensible angst. I thought I would go mad. Then the irrepressible actress, Sylvia Miles, a member, yelled out, "For Christ's sake will you speak up! I haven't a fucking clue what's going on!"    I could have hugged her.

No comments:

Post a Comment