The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Thursday, May 26, 2011

an explosion of beauty at the Met



(tt) Here are a few of the mind blowing garments that smack you in the gut, heart and mind from a genius who was taken from us far too soon. They are grotesque, macabre, frightening and disturbing but never less than astonishingly beautiful.  You couldn't wear most of them as you would remove the eyes of your date or risk cutting your own head off. The exhibition is brilliantly presented in a maze of  gothic mirrored galleries with weird soundtracks of howling wind, bird cries and far off screams.   No photography was allowed because some of the items were from private collections. That didn't stop the fuckers from openly filming and snapping away. I was the soul of discretion and now I regret it.

This was my personal fave and have already ordered a copy.

No this one and I have ordered this too

Sorry this one. Two coming. One for best.

Replacing my Birkenstocks with these


This is one of his homages to Jack the Ripper and human hair constitutes some of the construction.

Totally visceral and sexual and shocking and drop dead gorgeous

The bodice and wings are balsa wood

This was one of the most moving art exhibitions I have ever seen and I think I might have to go back

Do look at one of the the Kate Moss holograms on Youtube if you want a moving impression of his work.

1 comment:

  1. The Kate Moss hologram must have been amazing I was reminded of Miss Haversham on the first day the rot set in, shredding her wedding gown in fury and then twirling in dispair. Take off the antlers and wings and underneath everything is extremely beautiful and the constuction is just a marvel to behold. Well done TT I'm extremely jealous and can only hope it will come to Melbourne

    ReplyDelete