The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tony Award Luncheon

This was my last official function of the Award Season. Hallelujah!
This luncheon is closed to the press and family and friends. It's just for the nominees to pose for the "Class Photo" and be presented with our framed nomination certificates.
That's me behind Billy Crudup (ARCADIA) and Joe Mantello (THE NORMAL HEART) and in front of Arian Moayed from BENGALTIGER and AndrewRannells from MORMON. The bearded dude is Bobby Cannavale from THE MOTHERFUCKER WITH THE HAT.

 I took this last opportunity to introduce myself to Beth Leavel ("Drowsy Chaperone") whose career I've followed since seeing her in "42nd ST." on Broadway in 1988, and to congratulate director/choreographer Kathleen Marshall on her brilliant PAJAMA GAME starring Harry Connick.  I was also introduced to Fran Weissler for the first time (she's one of PRISCILLA's producers) and the composer Alan Menken. For lunch I was seated next to the delicious Elizabeth Rodriguez who is so brilliant in THE MOTHERFUCKER WITH THE HAT.  We also found out that PRISCILLA is definitely performing at the TONYS. Good-oh!

Still in its wrapper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment