The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Saturday, August 18, 2012

Australia Day

It's not January 26th but it was Australia Day in Central Park and I had the invitation to prove it.

Our wonderful Australian Consul General Phil Scanlon and his wife Julie have been very kind to me since I've been in NYC and they put me on the list for today's Summer Stage event which highlighted an array of new Australian performing talent including Emma Donavan and Megan Washington.
There was a selection of free Aussie wines and good old Pie Face did the catering
Phil made a welcoming speech about strengthening ties between Aussies and New York
and an unnamed muso played as we all moved into the arena to watch the performances.
I couldn't stay long but I'm told the event was a roaring success

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tony, it was great to see you the other night! I couldn't find where to contact you to give you this link to your performance, but here is the video I recorded http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvEs8sE-kg8&feature=youtu.be

    best
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete