The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ice Cream Sunday

Headed downtown to hit the market scene!
That mirrored tower is going to be extraordinary when it's finished.
In the meantime we have the silver David Beckham. People are invited to pose with him and a $1,000 prize offered for the most original pose. The mind boggles.
This is where I was headed!
A special event attracting ice cream artisans. Such flavors!
It was too early to eat ice cream for breakfast so I decided to try my first lobster roll even though I'd heard that they were ubiquitous in New York and somewhat overrated.
 So I ordered half (for $8!!) and received two bites of plump lobster in a tiny soft warm brioche dripping with butter and mayo. I thought it wise to keep moving otherwise I would have stayed and ordered ten more and I didn't want this cute man to look up from his phone and see me with my mouth full.
A scoop of plum ice cream was an excellent dessert
There was music to munch by
Even a trapeze artist
Who..I assume, for a fee....
Caught squealing tourists in mid-air
 Then dropped them in a net. That's a job I could do. Or not.
There were clippers
filled with passengers scoffing cheese and wine
boats coming and going
Inside the Fulton Street Market building people relaxed as if on the deck of a ship
overlooking a beer garden designed to look like a beach
So I followed suit and had a late lunch on the balcony
With an uninterrupted view of Brooklyn and environs!

1 comment:

  1. Im loving these jaunts of yours ... I like that last shot!

    ReplyDelete