The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tottering Down to....

Tottenville, the Southern-most tip of Staten Island and indeed, New York. It was a grey and muggy day with intermittent storms so...sensibly...I decided to go exploring.
First, the ferry to Staten Island pulls away from Manhattan
The World Trade centre comes along apace
Then on the Staten Island railroad, ride to the very last stop and Welcome to Tottenville!
They like things big in Tottenville

and they are proud Americans
With similar political leanings
I wandered away from suburban bliss
Into the woods
The thunder was rumbling and I was getting nervous that I wouldn't find my way out before the downpour
when suddenly...
Hooray!
A completely deserted beach!
Now I could be struck by lightning and no-one would ever find me!
Saved by Tugboat Annie!
then I stumbled upon this rather smart little pavillion
There was a wire fence around it so I guess it's not open to the public at the moment.
Now back to the railway station
And this is my favourite part. Next to the station I spotted another huge house
which turned out to be a very exclusive restaurant called Angelina's
Sitting all by itself right at the southern-most tip of New York!
And in the surrounding trees...
Not bats
Not lanterns
Oh, you gotta love New York!

1 comment:

  1. Sheldon this was a great stroll - such discoveries - i continue to be jealous xx

    ReplyDelete