The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Monday, August 20, 2012

Prospect Heights

It is not inconceivable...
that within the next eight weeks...
I could be living....
in one of these buildings!
My sublet on the Upper West Side expires in October so I have begun the search for my next home.
One possibility put forth by my estate agent is in Brooklyn, an area I'm not familiar with, so after checking out the somewhat unprepossessing cross section where the apartment is (I don't know which building it's in, that's for my next trip) I spent the afternoon exploring the surroundings, beginning with 5th Avenue near Bergen St. I really like it a lot.

Ah! This would be the perfect place for tt's play! (in-joke)
I love this facade which is now a cafe
The cross streets are uniformly of the peaceful brownstone leafy tree variety which is most appealing
I became a bit anxious as I neared Flatbush Avenue and didn't feel completely safe as I headed to the actual address of the apartment so I detoured around the block towards Vanderbilt Avenue
Ah yes, this is more like it
and wait.....what's this?
A cafe serving "Australasian" fare!!
With a garden!! A sign from the angels?
Ultimately I found a safer approach to my destination which revealed a supermarket, a laundromat and a bus stop within a block of the apartment. So it certainly bears thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment