The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Friday, August 31, 2012

Another new home!

I'm delighted to report that I've found a new home in NYC, too. After deciding that I really didn't want to leave Manhattan for the wilds of Brooklyn or New Jersey I was fortunate enough to find a sublet right up at the very tip of the island--Inwood. Thus far I've only seen photos of the apartment but it's very nice and I'll be seeing it next week before I move in sometime in October. But I thought I'd catch the subway uptown and find the actual street today just to acclimatise myself. TT and I have visited here before and walked through beautiful Inwood Park so I thought I'd start in familiar territory and have lunch at the Indian Street Cafe on the park.

I suspect this will be my local.
This is the view from the top of my street. It ends in a cul de sac
Then you can walk to the subway and shops through this little park
Or you can take the steps further down the street leading to Broadway
I was pleased to see that the shops include a liquor store with a sense of humour
and emergency supplies for all occasions.

2 comments:

  1. wonderful news! so glad you are staying on the isle of Manhattan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose well! Inwood was my last New York City neighborhood - I always found it to be real, beautiful and welcoming. Yay for you! Inwood just became a better place to live.

    ReplyDelete