The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Monday, August 27, 2012

the next home improvement guru

(tt)  Today I was plunged into the world of painting and decorating by my wonderful photography teech, Alison.
She taught me the basics of scrape, sand, wash, dry and prime as well as the fine art of hole plugging. Here is her photo doc my feeble attempts.
Scraping? Not a problem with a scraper and lots of elbow grease

 Look, Ma I'm plugging!
I can pull out pesky nails and splinters
That needs a pair of bolt cutters

Can't beat this old handyman
Gotcha you little pest
 Now no-one can use my soon to arrive front loader
Only I know the combination  4 7 1

A neighbour is fascinated by the proceedings

Time for the sugar soap and a smile
 Shake that primer
And whack it on.
This is going to take about a fortnight to prep this one room. I have the rest of my life!!!

1 comment: