The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Thursday, August 16, 2012

waiting room

(tt)   I am in Melbourne!  When I was a teenager I was probaby madder than I am now if that is possible. Obsessed with the theatre I went to everything....musicals, opera, ballet, every play the Union Theatre (now MTC) did. And I had a ritual. I would go through my best clothes and decide which tie, shirt and jumper would have the privilege of seeing Jill Perryman or Nancye Hayes or Fred Parslowe in their latest ventures.  I thought my shoes might get a real kick out hearing "Funny Girl", "Charity" and all.  I was very strange.
Looking up in Collingwood I saw this window and that same brain kicked in with questions. "What are they talking about?" "Have they made friends?" "Are they concerned about their future" "Do they feel the cold?" But I couldn't see their lips moving so I'll never know.



No comments:

Post a Comment