The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Saturday, October 22, 2011

as promised..brunswick st

(tt)  I wandered slightly askew down Brunswick St, Fitzroy, this arvo after a very intense shiatsu massage.
The masseur had warned me that I might be a bit dazed for a while. He was not wrong. I do not know who I am or who took the photos on my camera.
This is, from memory, the aforementioned thoroughfare looking up towards St Patricks Cathedral in East Melbourne

Once a really hard core working class suburb, Brunswick is now fashionable but not posh. The shops here are a mixture of cafes, bookstores, one-off deigners and many vintage boutiques and galleries. I love the tops of the terraces so you'll see lots of them





This florist has been here for yonks

The long established 'Black Cat'






A tunnel of eateries











A plant shop


I think this is a double portrait of Ned Kelly, Australia's own Robin Hood or Clyde Barrow


This is Victoria St



A vertical garden

Once a kids playground

Looking cityward down Nicholson St. My tram is in the distance

Now back in North Carlton here are some houses and shops and old pubs

Just after a shower and this stand of euclaypts gave off a much missed stinging perfume

Around here you can easily whisk yourself back to a carless time



A fireworks palm!

I think these neighbours might be in a friendly comp.



A perfect terrace. I love the shell decorations on the facades









No comments:

Post a Comment