The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Wednesday, October 19, 2011

....God wot. ( look it up)

(tt)   M and G have the most lovely gardens..front, back and side. Here is one of them.



Graham is an expert mosaiician. He has medallions all over the garden, on the walls and brickwork.


I have had quite a few gardens in my past. Because we have rented all our lives they have mostly been  confined to containers. The last lot we put out onto the street when we realised that we would probably be gypsies for quite some time.
Sheldon was given the task as guardian of one set of beauties when I went away for a while. As I was leaving he showed me a grecian dance that he intended to perform for them on a regular basis. Unfortunately that was all he gave them and when I returned they would only have delighted Morticia Addams. The two tiny orchids that constitute the indoor garden in our present New York home have probably seen him dance again but not, I am sure, experienced any vital ministrations which might keep them physically alive. (Note from Sheldon...orchids have fallen victim to my dance of death)

A tribute to May Gibbs   (look her up)



Alright I will give it to you.

A GARDEN is a lovesome thing,God wot!
Rose plot,
Fringed pool,
Ferned grot --
The veriest school
Of peace : and yet the fool
Contends that God is not--
Not God! In gardens! When the eve is cool?
Nay, but I have a sign:
Tis very sure God walks in mine.

T.E. Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment