The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Sunday, March 18, 2012

Carmines Upper West side

(tt)    There is a chapter of this Italian family restaurant a couple of blocks from our home. In that our fave diner was chocka with people soaking up St Pats grog from yesterday we went over and found the eatery almost empty....later they were pouring in
 

 
Decor is very sepia with lots of 19th century photos of very Cosa Nostrish folk and scenes of Bella I in times much quieter..like Rome with no cars
 
 
Just as we were about to leave I noticed a photo of Venice which Sheldon had been obscuring and I gasped. It was of a set of steps that I had had lunch on in 1973!!!!!! There's a lot of places that look like this in Venice but I knew instantly it was THE very spot!!
 
And eccola...the outside
Che bello. See me snapping away?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment