The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Saturday, March 10, 2012

once bought twice

(tt)   Back into the glare and tack of Times Square and not by design. Sheldon had booked me into "Once" for the afternoon show. After winding forward a couple of clocks, doing my stretchies, packing the laundry and answering some mail I looked at the clock. I had lost an hour somewhere and the digital on the telly read 1.56!   So there was "Once" gone. But undeterred I went into the thartar and bought the last seat!!  So sometime later here I am in the subway at Times Square.

This great band with backs to us was playing "California Dreaming" to a rapt crowd. They were still going when I went by again at 10.30

 
 
A neat little boutique hotel on 41st
 
The Nederlander next door
 
Opening soon
 
That's the bus station at Port Authority with a wonderful set of neon cubes atop.
 
Corner of eight and 42nd
  
A hoarding for a Mexican eatery
 
So odd to see an old photo of the original cast of 'Showboat' on the wall of a Mackers
 
Skyline over the thartar
 
The thartar
 
 

It is divine! And will be this year's 'Book of Mormon"  All you Aussies start learning or polishing up your drums, guitars, celli, violins and  accordions. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment