The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Thursday, March 8, 2012

riverside drive going south

(tt)  There are a few wombat tunnels under the freeway which take you to the river walk of Riverside Park. It being a splendidly balmy day we walked from 90th to 72nd along the water

This  is a condo foyer on 90th


 
Think this commemorates the Civil War
  
 
Condominii to dii for on Riversiide
 
 
 
 
 
Riverside Park just before the wombat tunnel
  
 
 
Here is the first
 
 
Daffs
 
 
Going to the second tunnel under the freeway
  
You come out into a little piazza which was being prepared as an al fresco fot the summer season. Here is the patio part.
 
Just after I took this Yoko Ono went past with her little dog
 


 
In a couple of weeks this little marina will be packed with posh craft. That's New Jersey across the water.





Leaving the park at the 72 St stairs. I fell on my face at the top and I hurt my hand! But the camera was saved from harm. But I hurt my hand!

Sheldon was oblivious that I had hurt my hand!

These smaller buildings would have been mansions for the very wealthy. They have been subdivided or used as company offices or religious headquarters. Now surrounded by graceful apartment blocks it is still great to imagine all their neighbouring buildings now gone.




The above buildings all face a little park in which stands this statue of Eleanor Roosevelt

Here is the apartment block on West End Ave and 72nd that our dear friends Terry and Ted, now domiciled in Tuscany, lived for many years. They generously loaned  it out to us and Barry Blight in 1989. Theirs was the penthouse apartment.

The finger of certainty points out that yes indeed it is blossom time. We pray that this is not a false spring and that all the little buddettes will  not be hideously blackened by a vicious  late blizzard.


My hand is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment