The Adventure Continues


TT in the Blue Mountains and Sheldy in New York.

Culture Shock.





Thursday, March 29, 2012

irving underhill

(tt)   Back in the City Diner for brekky this morning I sat facing my two favourite Irving Underhill shots of old New York.   I have been trying to find good copies but to no avail so I took them on the wall..forgive quality.
The first is of Madison Square Park and I would guess by the clobber of the gents it's in the 30's

This one is of Trinity Church on Broadway maybe the 20's

Underhill was famous for his postcards of New York and I guess they were his bread and butter





But it's his dramatic black and white captures of the city in its skyscraper infancy that are the most gorgeous


Here is a gasp making look at the newly completed Rockefeller centre at night

No comments:

Post a Comment